We hope to keep you up to date with the comings and goings of the Brian Mullen family. Annette, Cindy, Kathleen and Jim Ralf and their daughter Simone'

Monday, October 24, 2011

Well, it's been a long time since I posted anything on this site. It has been a great summer and fall. We are starting to see the signs of the other side of summer. It is supposed to freeze tonight. I have blown the water lines and am ready for the long cold winter. Annette lost her mother on Monday night, Oct. 17th. We were expecting this, so it wasn't a shock. Barbara was 91 years old and had lived a long and for the most part healthy life. It has just been the last year that she has gone down hill quickly. I am sure that we will miss her on the holidays, as we generally get together as a family to celebrate the occassions. Annette is busy quilting and enjoying the big room out back. She is doing the Senior Quilt that they sell raffle tickets on now. She has done a number of Quilts of Valor that are given to military past and present. She got an email from an Austrailan Naval Warrant Officer who had served with our Seals in Viet Nam. He had been awarded one of Annette's quilts and wanted to thank her for the beautiful quilt. He had a flag that had flown over the Arizona in 1984 and said he was going to hang the quilt beside it along with a number of comendations from the USN. We are quite proud of her work.

We had a beautiful sunrise on Saturday and I happened to be able to capture it on the camera. It is another reason we love living in this area. The grapes and apples are being harvested now. It's a little late this year, but it is never too late for the good stuff. We are not planning any big trips this winter at this time, but anything could happen. We always enjoy the four seasons, but if it gets really bad, I think I could be persuaded to head South for a short break. Golf has been good to me this year. I am playing pretty good for an old guy. Brother-in-law and I won our flight in the Fall Bestball last weekend. I will try to get information here quicker. I just have no excuse for the delay, other than I must have been having too much fun.


No comments:

Followers